Student Information System
Automate and streamline complex educational processes
The OnCourse Student Information System is a 100% web-based suite of robust applications that automate and streamline the complex record-keeping, reporting, and operational tasks that schools face on a daily basis.Watch Full Product Demonstration Video
OnCourse’s Student Information System is a comprehensive online solution for all of a school’s student management needs, like enrollment tracking, discipline management, grading, attendance, RTI, medical recording scheduling, and more!
OnCourse’s unique, educator-friendly interfaces ensure that teachers, administrators, students, and guardians have easy access to the tools and information they need to be efficient and effective.
Districts in New Jersey enjoy the simplest state reporting on the web, due to OnCourse’s framework of analytics designed for NJSMART, ASSA, School Register, NJ Report Cards, etc.
Design & Features
Storage of gender, ethnicity, contact information, program type, special ed., and much more
Simple entry/exit forms keep a reportable audit trail of student body “snapshots”
Student/Guardian Relationship Management
Identify relationships and define contacts as, primary, emergency, lives with, etc
Web-based Grade Book with Community Grade Portal
Teacher-favorite grading tool with communication features and seating charts
Student Historical Grade Tracking and Transcripts
Report cards, progress reports, and detailed historical transcripts can be exported or printed
- Integration Ready OnCourse SIS integrates easily with other vendor software packages
For class-based, period-based, and daily needs
- Automated Master Scheduler and Walk-In Scheduling Powerful tool featuring load balancing, course requests, multiple possible “solutions” and custom scheduling rules
- Discipline Tracker An OnCourse stand-out feature, with custom codes, dynamic discipline letters, and e-mail notifications
- Health and Medical Management The nurse’s one-stop shop for tracking insurance, immunizations, screenings, health alerts, allergies, and more
- Response-To-Intervention Tracking Cyclical management of test scores (Dibels, F&P, etc) and collection of intervention strategies and responses
- Student/Staff Document Portfolios Files such as writing samples, IEPs, certifications, etc. can be stored here
- Reliability Highly secure Class A data centers on scalable Oracle databases
Office Staff will have a single, time-saving online platform to perform all student management tasks, like scheduling and mid-morning attendance checking. Special features, like the “Classes Missing Attendance” screen, will save hours of time for a secretary performing necessary daily tasks. Over 100 canned reports and a custom report builder will help to condense, simply, and extract data from the SIS.
Teachers & Administrators
Teachers will find all of their daily classroom management tools under one-login, like the Grade Book, Discipline, and Attendance programs. Real-time information from these tools flow into administrative modules, where principals and VPs can review the ongoing activities of each classroom and perform administrative functions, like escalating discipline incidents.
Students & Guardians
Students and guardians have a secure login to the online Grade Portal, where they can access real-time information about their grades, discipline incidents, schedule, and attendance records. There is an also an inbox where teachers and administrators can send private messages, or school-wide announcements.
I can announce that this has been the single best decision we have made for student record keeping. It's hard to believe that OnCourse entered the market with such a feature-rich, easy-to-use system. I can’t begin to imagine what they have in store for the future.
The OnCourse SIS offers schools a unique package of tools that:
- Consolidate disparate systems on a single, user-friendly platform, conserving the school’s time, money, and morale.
- Can be expanded to include instructional management capabilities (Lesson Planner, Curriculum Builder) and longitudinal data analysis tools (Student Stats).
- Require no investments for hardware or upgrades, because SIS is 100% hosted and software-as-a-service.
Testimonials & Case Studies
“We saw countless presentations and demos of student information systems, but once our committee met with OnCourse, the decision was unanimous. Since the implementation, the OnCourse SIS has made life easier for everyone. All of our student data is available in one system and state reporting has become as simple as an export. With no administrative overhead for our IT department and anytime, anywhere access for users, OnCourse is batting 1,000 for our district.”
— Michael Grelli, Director of Technology, Greenwich Township, Gibbstown NJ
"They are completely customer-centered and always listen to their customers' input for developing their products... From a cost-benefit perspective, OnCourse has delivered an incredible bang for our buck and I would highly recommend them."
— Jon Hall, Director of Technology, Pennsville School District
- Products Overview
- Lesson Planner
- Curriculum Builder
- Discipline Tracker
- Student Information System
- Student Stats
- Grade Book
- Special Education & IEP Suite