Generate and share online curriculum units and lesson plans
The OnCourse Curriculum Builder equips your district to generate online curriculum units, align them to standards, and produce graphical curriculum maps.Watch Full Product Demonstration Video
The Curriculum Builder is a collaborative, permissions- based tool that equips your district to generate and share online curriculum units and lesson plans in an educator- friendly web workspace.
Curriculum developers can access a searchable library of state and national standards included with the Curriculum Builder subscription and align each unit and lesson to its strands, standards, grade level expectations, etc.
Also included is a Curriculum Map Builder, which automates the process of creating graphical, Gantt-style curriculum maps that help to identify continuity and gaps in standards coverage.
Design & Features
The Curriculum Builder comes with the following powerful features:
- Curriculum Portal provides an overall storage area where the district will collect and share curriculum-related resources as well as link them to units or standards.
- Unit Builder allows curriculum developers to create and store curriculum units in the Curriculum Portal and invite collaboration from selected faculty groups.
- Curriculum Mapping equips the district to create and analyze curriculum maps to gather information about how standards are being covered across courses or groups of units.
- Discussions allows faculty to engage in online discussions about curriculum units, or about any other topic initiated by authorized users.
- Sharing is a comprehensive and flexible set of sharing permissions allows the district to exercise control over the user groups that can review, contribute to, and manage curriculum units and resources.
- Subscriptions helps users stay up-to-date about modifications and newly released items in the Curriculum Builder.
Curriculum Developers can work on the curriculum 24/7 in a secure web workspace. Developers in different schools may carry on topical discussions and share resources in the Curriculum Portal, and grant access to teachers at an appropriate time.
Teachers are only granted access to the curriculum files, units, and maps that they need. For the teaching staff, the Curriculum Portal becomes a tidy, accessible, information-rich area for all things curricular.
Administrators can oversee and contribute to the ongoing curriculum development, and access the full library of maps, resources, and units being generated. They can adjust permissions, and participate in any ongoing discussions.
Impact on Education
The OnCourse Curriculum Builder will:
- Provide a consistent, easy-to-access curriculum library that will grow and evolve from year-to-year.
- Because every faculty member can have a login and level of access, the Portal can “soak up” the leadership and experience of the staff and preserve it for everyone’s benefit.
- Allow the curriculum to be both district-generated, and also incorporate any elements from off-the-shelf curricula that have been proven effective in the past.
Power Partner: OnCourse Lesson Planner
The Curriculum Builder may be used as a standalone tool; however, it is most powerful when combined with the OnCourse Lesson Planner, which allows teachers to plan daily lessons in alignment with the district’s published curriculum.
- Products Overview
- Lesson Planner
- Curriculum Builder
- Discipline Tracker
- Student Information System
- Student Stats
- Grade Book
- Special Education & IEP Suite