Planning tool for teachers, administrators and guardians
Since 2002, the award-winning OnCourse Lesson Planner has helped schools nationwide to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of instructional planning and deliveries.Watch Full Product Demonstration Video
The OnCourse Lesson Planner is a 100% web-based program that will streamline and modernize the planning process at your school district. Teachers use intuitive tools to build plans and align them to standards, supportive resources, and homework assignments. Plans can be posted to administrators with a single click, or shared with colleagues using collaborative tools.
Teachers can create a multimedia classroom website, where students and parents can access homework, resources, and information that posts automatically from the teacher’s Lesson Planner.
Administrators can use the Lesson Planner Reviewer at a desk or on a mobile device for evaluating lesson plans and sending narrative feedback.
Design & Features
The Lesson Planner interface resembles a traditional block lesson-planning book, but is host to a range of helpful features, such as:
- Quick linking to state and national standards
- Single-click plan submission to administrators
- Automatic homework posting
- Curriculum Portal for resource sharing and collaboration
- Personalized plan templates
- Online document storage and document linking to lesson plans
- Multimedia teacher websites and event calendars
- Lesson plan sharing
- Scope and sequence reporting on standards taught
- Keyword searching for archived lesson plans
Administrators have a range of oversight and reporting tools, such as:
- Administrative review and commenting on plans and resources
- Mobile lesson plan reviewer for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Library of drillable, real-time standards reporting tools
- “Power Standards” feature, for flagging important content areas based on data like state test scores
- Global lesson plan template distribution
TeachersTeachers have 24/7 access to the web-based Lesson Planner, which brings convenience to the classroom or home office. Every teacher will always have the most updated version of state/national standards at their fingertips, and can see how many times they’ve taught each standard over the course of the year. They may also participate in faculty-only forums where collaboration, file sharing, and resource creation takes place continuously.
AdministratorsAdministrators have new levels of transparency and accountability with Lesson Planner Reviewer. Principals or VPs who have performed walkthroughs or lesson plan reviews can export a printable history of their comments over time. Administrators can also run real-time reports on standards coverage by content areas, teacher, or grade level. These reports are displayed as graphical charts that can be “drilled-into” to find details about frequency of use, teacher focus, time of year linked, etc.
Students & Guardians
Students and guardians can access the OnCourse Homework Portal to retrieve their daily assignments and teacherwebsites.
In this area, students may also access a teacher’s events calendar, which might keep information like upcoming due dates, tests, or projects.
If the teacher has posted resources like study guides, handouts, or worksheets, these can be downloaded from the teacher website.
OnCourse Lesson Planner is the best program I have seen to address the needs of administrators, teachers, and parents. There is something for everyone, and it takes everyone to raise student achievement.
Impact on Education
The OnCourse Lesson Planner is unique in its high-impact approach of:
- Streamlining the planning process.
- Improving information accessibility.
- Engaging the entire learning community.
- Promoting collaboration and peer review.
- Improving accountability and transparency.
Testimonials & Case Studies
"The ease of use and the flexibility of the product surpass any product I have seen. OnCourse allows you to spend your valuable time on effective planning and not on figuring out how to use the program."
— Sue Bestwick, Teacher, Pennsville Memorial High
"Teachers are working together in lesson plan design, providing an opportunity for experienced teachers to mentor teachers with less experience. It also builds accountability because teachers are aware that lesson plans can be viewed and reports can be obtained at any time."
— Dianne LeBlanc, supervisor of technology, Iberia Parish School District, LA
- Products Overview
- Lesson Planner
- Curriculum Builder
- Discipline Tracker
- Student Information System
- Student Stats
- Grade Book
- Special Education & IEP Suite
- Student Growth Objectives