Beginning the School Day
- 7:30 a.m. is when you can begin entering the classroom.
- Greet Mrs. Rudtke!
- Unpack your backpack.
- Place your backpack and lunchbox in the cabinet.
- Turn in your math homework.
- Make sure you have at least 2 sharpened pencils.
- Write your homework assignments in your planner.
- Begin your morning work!
- Homework assignments will be written in your planner every day.
- Homework will be kept in your OWLS folder.
- Students who have completed all of their homework during the week will have the opportunity to play “Homeworkopoly” on Fridays!
Wise Choices Tickets
- Wise Choices tickets are given out daily for students exhibiting appropriate behavior (for example: following directions, being helpful, using good manners, etc.)
- When you receive a ticket, write your name on the back and place it in the ticket bucket at an appropriate time.
- You may place your tickets(s) in the ticket jar during independent work time, transition time (on our way to lunch or specials) or at the end of the day (during packing up).
- Your teacher will pull winning tickets during the week at random and on Fridays. If your ticket is pulled, you get to choose a prize from the Treasure Box!
- The ticket bucket will be emptied at the end of the day on Friday.
- Keep at least 2 sharpened pencils daily, even more is preferable.
- These are the times you can use our class pencil sharpeners- during Morning Work and individual work in any subject. Ask first before using it.
- You may use a handheld covered pencil sharpener at your desk at any time.
- Cross your fingers to use the restroom. I will give you either a “yes”, “no” or “wait” signal.
- Raise three fingers (make a “W”) to use the water fountain. Remember, you are certainly allowed to have a water bottle.
- If someone is in the restroom, please wait patiently at your seat. You may not line up at the restroom or water fountain to wait.
- It is better to go during group work, independent work, or centers/writing time than instruction time. Please wait patiently if you can.
When I Need Your Attention- Two Ways
- I will ring a bell. Students will immediately stop what they are doing, look at the teacher and listen for directions.
- Other times, I call “Class!” and you respond “Yes!” You should have your hands folded and looking at me. This is known as “Class-Yes”.
- The line leader and door holder line up first.
- I call by groups for you to join the line. Sitting up straight, folding your hands, and being quiet help me to call your group.
- You are silent and facing forward with your hands at your side when walking around the school. I call this the “Three Point Line”.
- Walk behind one another (walking in pairs and trios does not show respect). We walk in a line, not a group. Touching is not permitted.
- When you need to tie your shoe, step out of the line and then return to your spot.
Coming to Class Late
- Do everything as always (entering quietly and putting supplies where they belong).
- The tardy pass goes in my basket at my desk.
When You Are Absent
- There should be a folder on your desk the day you return with your work in it.