Accessing Your Email Account
1. Go to the Tangipahoa Parish Website (tangischools.org)
2. On the main page, scroll down to the Tangi Students Account icon in Red
3. Click the icon (This will bring you to the log on page)
4. User: (first four of you first name, full last name @tangistudents.org)/
Password: (initials and the last four numbers of your student ID number)
Ex. email@example.com / jd0000
5. Click sign in
Emailing Attachments to Yourself
1. Once you have accessed your email account, click "new" (for new email) at the top of
the email page
2. Type in your email address ex. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Type in a subject (the assignment title)
4. Click attach (a document browser will appear)
5. Click Browse, (Go through the different folders and files that you already have saved
on your computer)
6. Double Click on the file or assignment you want to attach to your email
7. Click Send at the top of the email page
8. Once the file or assignment has been sent, you will be able to access it on any computer
that allows you to log on to your email account.
1. Go to www.tangischools.org
2. Click the Blackboard icon on the homepage.
3. Type in your basic username and password: the first four of your first name and all of your last name.
Your password is your initials and the last for numbers of your student ID #. Ex. John Doe's
user is johndoe, his password is jd0000.
4. Once you are on the blackboard homepage, click Pines English I
5. After clicking Pines English I, click the link for your block. Ex. Pines Block II, IV, V or VIII
This will give you access to various resources to assist you with homework, make-up work and other materials.