BRMS VETERANS HISTORY CLUB
The meetings for the BRMS Veterans History Club will be after school in Room B3. The meeting will run until 3:30pm. Please be sure to schedule a ride home with a parent/guardian or be prepared to take the late bus at 3:40pm.
*** PLEASE NOTE: If a student's ride home does not arrive at the school by 3:35pm the student will be placed on the 3:40pm late bus. ***
Started in 2001, the BRMS Veterans History Club has spent the last 10 years generating interest, support, and respect for our
nation's servicemen and women. During this past decade we have accomplished the following:
- Met and interviewed veterans from World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, and our current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Raised money for local American Legion and VFW posts, the Military Order of the Purple Heart, and Cellphones for Soldiers.
- Gathered supplies for troops currently serving overseas.
- Written holiday cards for service members
deployed out of the country.
- Sent an American flag to Iraq to be flown over a military post and had it returned with a certificate of authenticity that it had been flown.
- Commemorated and dedicated a flag and plaque to a local World War II soldier. Both hang proudly in the BRMS Library.
- Collected old American flags to be discarded properly and respectfully.
- Yearly visit to the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Education Center in Holmdel, New Jersey.
We are proud of our service to our school and our community. We honor the sacrifices of all who have served in uniform to guard the freedoms that we cherish each day.