RFH MARCHING BULLDOGS
2013-2014 Half Time Presentation:
"A Night in Manhattan"
New York, New York
New York State of Mind
Manhattan Skyline/Empire State of Mind
Welcome to the RFH Marching Bulldawgs Homepage. Here you will find all information related to the marching band including a rehearsal and performance calendar, information about the activity itself, and links for various marching band related recourses.
ABOUT THE MARCHING BAND
The RFH Marching Band is one of the most visible music ensembles within the Rumson-Fair Haven community. The band performs at football games, parades, and marching band compeitions throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The staff is commited to providing the members of this ensemble the oppurtunity to support their community with an exciting music and visual program each fall. Students work hard to improve upon their instrumental skills throughout the season and learn to march through a demanding program of visual material. Students who come out of our band are not only better musicians, but have a stronger relationship with their community and a group of friends that will last a lifetime.
HOW TO BECOME A PART OF THE MARCHING BULLDAWG FAMILY
There are many ways in which students an parents can become involved with the marching band. Below is a list of options for students:
1. WIND OR BRASS MUSICIAN - Any student who plays a wind or brass instrument can join and perform with us. Wind and brass musicians perform on the field while marching through the visual drill. We welcome students of all skill levels who are in grades 8-12.
2. DRUM LINE - The drum line is made up of marching percussionists performing on snare drums, bass drums, and toms. This is an exciting activity for any serious percussionist looking to improve their playng technique and help drive the band through their performance with exciting rhythms and captivating percussion features!
3. PIT PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE - The pit percussion ensemble, or front ensemble, is a stationary ensemble that provides auxiliary percussion and pitched percussion accompinament to the band members on the field. This is an exciting place for students interested in learning Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, and the large family of auxiliary percussion. This ensemble helps the marching band acheive a full, complete sound during their show and the members of this group have the unique oppurtunity of just focusing on their music skills.
4. COLOR GUARD - The color guard rounds out the marching band by providing a 100% visual accompaniment to the music. Students learn how to perform with flags, air blades, and other props. The color guard provides all the color and beauty a quality marching program requires.
5. BAND PARENT - Band parents help our student acheive their goals through providing dinners, transportation, and other support needs throughout the marching season. Current and prospective parents interested in becoming involved should attend the RFH Performing Arts Society Meetings held on the first Monday of each month in the lower library. Come support our students!!