YOU WILL ALL START WITH AN “A”- HOWEVER I DO NOT GIVE GRADES, STUDENTS EARN THEM
Here is what you need to keep it:
- Extra Credit: This is a continuous possibility, but not guaranteed
- Lab/Demo Report: Reports using proper format for scientific investigation will be required.
- Test/Exams: How often, will be determined by material to be covered. In the “Worst Case Scenario” it could be once a week. This is in keeping with the state’s theme to “Assess Often”.
I will EXPECT that ALL assignments assigned WILL BE turned in on time! HOWEVER, in the event of extenuating circumstances I do have a missing assignment policy.
Missing Assignment Policy:
- If assignment(s) is/are not turned in on the due date, the student will have one (1) day to turn the work in to the missing assignment folder. They will receive 10% (one letter grade) off on late assignments.
- If the late assignment is not turned in the following day (1 day late), they will have one more chance to turn it in two (2) days late, and they will receive 20% (two letter grades) off on the late assignment.
- If the late assignment is not turned in by the second day late, the assignment receives a zero (0), and the student will not be given another opportunity to turn in the late assignment.
- If your child is sick, they will have the same number of days to make-up their work that they were sick (example: 2 days sick = 2 days to make-up work). If the work is not turned in after that time period, the homework policy goes into effect
Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the missing assignment policy