WHAT IS AN OWL BOOK?
OWL stands for Organizing While Learning. It is the book 2nd graders use to keep track of all their "paperwork" for the year.
WHAT IS IN AN OWL Book?
1. A copy of our classroom daily schedule
2. The 2nd grade newsletter and the Berewick monthly calendar, to keep you up-to-date on important school events!
3. Homework - nightly assignments and reading log
4. Behavior Chart - this will let you know how your child is doing each day in class.
5. Every Thursday, any important notes or information from the PTA will be sent home in the back pocket of the binder.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Please check the OWL book each and every night! I may write a note home, and if you have any questions, this is the place to put them!
General questions about homework, behavior, upcoming events, etc. can be written on the homework sheet.
Please sign the homework sheet EVERY night so that I know you looked over the binder that evening.
I look through the binders each morning so it can be used as a daily communication tool.