Kellogg’s Class News May 17, 2013
We had a great week in 3rd grade. Thank you to those who were able to drive and help out on our last field trip to Indian Hills. As a reminder, the Native American Villages are due Friday, May 24th by 8:30 a.m. You are more than welcome to bring them in prior to that day. I look forward to seeing you and your child at Open House Friday, May 24th starting at 7:00 p.m. There will be no school next Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day. We will be having our end of the year all school picnic on Friday, June 7th. Students will be dismissed from school at 1:00 p.m. 3rd grade will be leading worship and performing a reader’s theater of the Exodus story in Chapel this Wednesday, May 22 at 9:00 a.m. We would love to see you there if you are able to make it!
What We are Learning
· Math: Chapter 22: Polygons
· Language Arts:
Spelling: Spelling List 34 (on the back of this newsletter) Tests are every Friday.
Reading: Read for 20 minutes on homework nights. Please be sure to fill out the Reading Log on the back of the Assignment Sheet. May’s book report genre is Free Choice. These are due Thursday, May 31st.
Grammar/Writing: Native Americans
· History: Native Americans
· Bible: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” -1 John 1: 7 and 9
· This Week in Chapel: Mrs. Dresselhaus demonstrated how all things are possible with God as we trust in Him, serve Him, and have faith in Him.
· Upcoming Events:
5/20: Chapter 21 Math Test
Talent Show Tryouts - 3:15
Memory Verse Test
5/23: Spelling Pre Test
5/24: Open House – 7 p.m.
5/27: NO SCHOOL in observance of Memorial Day
Spelling List #32
- event – an important happening
- surrender – to give up control of something
- reputation – what people think and say about a person
Friday, May 24th