Study skills class
1. To develop a repertoire of skills necessary to complete work independently and efficiently in a traditional classroom setting.
2. To provide students with directions that will lead to improve academic skills for enhanced academic success.
II.Strategies to be taught:
1. Importance of attending class and proper behavior.
2. Time management
4. Study strategies
5. Note taking---FLOR--- Format,Listen,Question and Write,Revise, reform, Remember and Revise.
7. Using graphic organizers
8. Library usage
9. Reports and presentations
III. Strategies to help students remember:
IV. Teach how to solve basic math problems. ( Addition, subtraction, Multiplication, Division.andsimple fractions.
V. Reading comprehension, context clues, and vocabulary.