Parents did you know you can now access up-to-date information concerning your child's grades and attendance? Anderson School District Three will be implementing a program called Parent Portal. Access to Parent Portal is allowed only after registering with your child's school and obtaining a required user name and password. The portal provides parents with the priviledge of viewing their child's student information records. All information can be viewed through a secure Internet connection.
Parents must come to the main office, present their driver's license, and have a completed signature page in order to be issued a password. You will find the Parent Signature Page in your child's Friday Folder.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain a username and password?
- Contact the school office to receive the information you need. The parent or guardian must visit the school office, provide their driver's license and sign the Parent Signature Page.
Can other people see my son's/daughter's grades?
- As long as you protect your password, others will not be able to see your information.
What do I do if I forget my PowerSchool password?
- Contact the office at your child's school.
What can I view through the Parent Portal?
- Grades and Attendance – Use this display as a detailed over view to locate any historical and current grades and attendance by class. Grades History – Displays all recorded final grades and the individual assignments from the instructor to substantiate that grade.
- Attendance History - This is a detailed display for the semester by period showing any absences or tardies.
Why does some of the text appear in blue?
- Any text appearing in blue is a link to further information. Simply click on any text appearing in blue and additional information will be shown.
What does the question mark (?) symbol mean in the upper right corner of the screen?
- This is the help text for the Parent Portal. At any time you need further assistance when viewing a screen, click the (?) symbol. Please use this frequently to search and find answers to your questions.
How do I log out of the Parent Portal?
- The best and recommended way to end the PowerSchool session is to click on the Logout rectangular button in the upper right corner of any screen.
What is required for a parent to connect to the Parent Portal?
- A computer with a connection to the Internet
- A computer running at least Windows 98, but XP or Vista work much better.
- The latest version of JAVA software.
- A web browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox.
- The web address for Power School.
- A login user name and password supplied by the school.
General Usage Questions – Grades & Attendance
Who should I contact when I have questions about my child’s grades?
- Please contact your child’s teacher.
Who should I contact if I have questions about my child’s attendance?
- Please contact the main office to direct your questions to the attendance office.
How quickly are student’s grades entered into the Parent Portal?
- Each teacher is responsible for his or her own grades. When assignments are given, graded, and entered into the gradebook, the information is available to the parent instantaneously. Some major projects or papers may take several weeks to be posted, while some other assignment scores may be posted daily.