- · PLANNER: Each student is required to copy assignments in their student planner. Every Monday a weekly plan is placed on the board for students to copy. It is the STUDENT’S responsibility to copy this into their planner. It is the PARENT’S responsibility to check the student’s planner not the teacher. This will give you an overview of the lessons for the week, project due dates, announcements, and tests. This can also be found on my website under Monday’s homework.
- · GRADES: The total number of points will vary each nine-week. Student’s grades are averaged from daily assignments, quizzes, homework, tests, projects, and group activities. Students’ grades will be based of the number of points they earn divided by the total number of points possible. The Washington Parish Grading Scale will be used:
92- 85 B
- Bonus activities are offered to all students throughout the year.
- · ATTENDANCE: Attendance is MANDATORY!!!!! Make-up work will only be allowed for excused absences. Students must make up their work!!!! It is the responsibility of the student to make arrangements for make-up work. A weekly plan is given each Monday; there is no excuse for not knowing what you miss. Missed worksheets will be placed in the MAKE-UP BOX in the back of my classroom.
- · NOTES: Students will take notes daily in their notebook. Notes will be periodically checked throughout the year. These notes should be neat and organized. Test questions come from these notes.
- · HOMEWORK: A points will be given for each homework assignment. Homework is due the next day after assigned. Incomplete assignments will be given an “0”. NOTE: Homework will be posted on my website each day.
- · TESTS: Chapter and Unit Tests are given at the end of each chapter or unit. They are worth 100 points. Students will be given a study guide for each test. Chapter and Unit Tests are announced each Monday.
- · Mid-Term and Final Exams: Exams are comprehensive. The Mid-term covers material from the 1st and 2nd nine-weeks and the Final Exam covers material from the 3rd and 4th nine-weeks. Sixth Graders are not required to take exams.
- SUPPLIES: 3-Ring binder, Loose-leaf paper, Pencils/pens, red pen.