Study Skills Tools:
Math Doesn't Suck
Kiss My Math
How to Study.org -comprehensive resource to help high School and college students develop effective study skills/time management skills
Study Skills Tools
- Head Magnet "Headmagnet is a learning tool that helps you to memorize new facts quickly and maintain what you have learned. Headmagnet helps you to predict when you will forget things, so that you can review only what you need to." Based upon memory and cognition research - helps you learn what you need to learn. Take the tour here.
- Quizlet - "largest flash cards and study games website"
- StudyHive.com - create your own study cards or search the public decks. You will need to download Siverlight to use the site online (the link is available at the site). Syncs with Flashcards Pro app (free) for the iPodTouch, iPhone or iPad which allows you to study anytime.
- CueCard - an electronic flashcard program download with multiple features including ability to import audio and graphics. Keeps track of correct responses and can be printed out.
- Study Stack - create interactive web-based flashcards or use ones that are already created; if you use stacks that are already created, check them first as there are errors in several of the created stacks.
- Flash Card Machine - allows the user to create interactive web-based study flash cards.
- Flash Card Friends - online, interactive flash cards
- Flash Card Exchange - large online library of flashcards. Create your own, study online or offline. Can be downloaded to Word, & Excel
- Cramberry - clean and simple online interactive flash card tool. If you are looking for simplicity, this will work for you. No bells or whistles; just a simple user interface. (a $ 3.99 iTunes app is also available).
- Recall Plus - Students can organize their notes, create flashcards, make use of 3D tools and more in this great mind mapping tool. It is downloadable.
- MyMentor - create, share and study flashcards online; download flashcards in printable format.
- WordStash - Half flashcard, half dictionary, and full awesome! Teachers can create class accounts and word lists for students.
- Time Tracker - web-based, easy to use time tracker software.
- Rescue Time -web-based time tracking software to promote focus and productivity. Offers graphs and visual support. The Lite version is free
- TrackClass helps you get your school work organized. From reminders to notes to assignments and grades, you'll be on top of your studies! (Free resource)
- Seven Organization Tools for Students
- Todo.ly - easy to use online to-do list
- Notely.net - includes schedule, calendar, note-taking, homework planne
- Bubble Timer - A simple time tracker to keep on task and see how much time it takes to complete tasks. Free for 14 days.
- Remember the Milk - Online task list. Syncs with Android phones, iPhone, iPod Touch, etc. Has quick input and reminders to do tasks (type "put books in bag ^Sunday 3pm" and it will remind you to put your books in your bag on Sunday at 3pm :)
- Awesome Highlighter - tool that highlights text on a web page; save the URL or email it
- Pocket Mod - Free, recyclable personal organizer and study guide, can be used in a variety of ways
- Diigo - Use the highlighting and Extract Annotations tools to collect important information for later review.
- Text Compactor - When text needs to be summarized, use this online tool. Great for cognitive rescaling.
- Create note taking templates in Word
- Use "Power of Color" within Word (background color, highlighting color and font color tools) to reinforce concepts, to determine salient points and for review
- Use the "Organizational Chart" in the Diagram Gallery that is part of the Drawing Toolbar in Word to reinforce concepts and relationships which promotes learning.
- In Word, press the Alt tab + mouse click within a word to access the Research pane. When you are online, you will instantly get a definition of the word.
The World of Math Online
Homework Helper Reference Desk
Crazy About Math!
AAA Math Practice problems for all grades and topics
A Plus Math Master addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Brain Teasers Math Puzzles for grades 3-5
Chameleon Graphing An introduction to the coordinate plane
Cool Math.com "An amusement park of mathematics"
Everyday Mathematics Student help, parent resources, glossary
Function Machines Enter the value for x and out comes y.
Interactive Math Games Practice math skills with pre-made games or design your own
Math Baseball Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division problems
Mathematics University Resources to support our math program
Megapenny Project How much is a million...a billion
NCTM Illuminations Interactive, multimedia, math investigations
Pattern Blocks Create pattern block designs
Kids Math Games Math games for kids
Geometry and Arithmatic Games
IXL Algebra help
A Thousand Sites in One
E Hall Rocks!
Bill Nye Bill Nye the Science Guy
Hawai'i Volconoes National Park
Ask A Geologist
How Stuff Works
Mad Scientist Network
NASA For Kids Only - Earth Science Enterprise
National Aquarium in Baltimore
National Geographic - For Kids
Neuroscience for Kids
NOVA On LineOcean Creatures World Records Page
Pfizer Fun Zone - Cool Science for Kids
Science Learning Network
Science and Technology Sites for Kids
Voyage to the Deep!
Wonderful World of Insects
The Yuckiest Site on the Internet
Comic Strips Common Errors in English Usage
English Grammar Quizzes
Free Rice - a vocabulary site that donates 10 grains of rice through the United Nations with each word you define correctly.
The Grammar Aquarium
Poe, Edgar Allen, Quote the Raven
Who's Who and What's What
Antiques Roadshow, Jr. - A History Game
The Outline of American History
The Library of Congress American Memory Project
Salem Witchcraft Papers
Amistad and the History of Slavery
Benjamin Franklin : Glimpses of the Man
The American Revolution: Maps and Charts
Historic Steps of Lewis and Clark
Westward Expansion Links
History of the Cherokee
End of the Oregon Trail
Ghosts of the Gold Rush
The Wild, Wild West
World War I: Trenches on the Web
Women's Suffrage Links
World War II
World War II: The Homefront
The Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
American History 1945 - Present
Links to Lincoln
Selected Civil War Photographs
The Civil War
The Civil War Home Page
Computers and Technology
Tech Posters- The Web
Teach-nology- lesson plans, daily tips
ArtEdventures Interactive online games
KidzDraw Art activities
Online Coloring Color on your computer
Space Crafts Cool space crafts using household objects
Art Room Art projects and history
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Museum of Modern Art
The Vatican Museums
The Art Institute of Chicago
The British Museum
The Detroit Institute of Art
Dole 5 a Day Learn about fruits and vegetables
Unusual Sports in the Olympics
Jump Into a Healthy Life Learn jump rope tricks
Plymouth Whalers, Hockey
Red Wings, Hockey
Mouse Practice by Original
Animal Search Search for animal related websites
Ask Jeeves for Kids Ask Jeeves a question
Berit's Best Sites for Children Search 1000+ reviewed sites
Classroom Clipart Art, pictures and illustrations
CyberSleuth Kids Internet guide for k-12 students
Kids Click Search engine
Kid's Image Search Tools Images for student use
Yahooligans A Web guide for kids
Excelente Biblioteca - Directory of education web sites.
EduHound Espanol - Web sites for primary and secondary Hispanic education.
Internet Math Forum - Spanish web sites.
Teens Health- in Spanish
Super Spanish Web Sites - Huge collection of Spanish language web sites prepared by Jim Becker.
Zona Latina - Spanish language web sites for children.
Campaign for Our Children- Teen guide to pregnancy prevention.
Latin American Information Network - Directory of web sites in Latin America.
Yahoo! en Espanol
Foreign Language News and Newspapers - Links to newspapers in 8 languages (including Spanish)
Federal Citizen Information Center - Information on a wide variety of topics from the US government in Spanish.
Spanish Alphabet fun
Mexico para niños
Spanish Unlimited Game Site/Rich!
Elementary online drills, quizzes and games
Dozens of Fun Drill/Games Here
Gamequorium Vocabulary in Spanish
A Fun Hangman Game
A whole variety of games for Spanish
Kokone.com in Spanish | Very colorful
Oodles of Spanish games
Spanish Hangman - El Ahorcado
A fun Spanish Hangman Game
Spanish Word of the Day
Sites for creating free Wiki's
Sites for creating free Blogs
- What is a Blog? Find out by watching Blogs in Plain English by the Commoncraft Show
- Blogger- Create your own free blog. It's easy to post text, photos, and videos. Flexibility to personalize your blog with themes, gadgets, and more.
- Wordpress- A semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
- Edublogs- is focused on providing a fast, reliable, secure and safe blogging environment for teachers and students.
- Typepad- is the premier blogging service for professionals and small businesses.
- Moveable Type- Movable Type 5 takes a new approach to social publishing by starting with a website and adding blogs.
Online Photo Sharing
Image Games and Generators
- Spell with Flickr-
- Flickr Color Pickr- lets you find public photos in Flickr that match a specific color.
- Flickr Montager- Enter a tag and this site will create a mosaic comprised of images.
- Flickr Memry- Traditional memory game created with Flickr images.
- Big Huge Labs - Here you might want to try the motivational poster, badge maker, magazine cover, movie poster, Jigsaw, or trading cards.
- ImageGenerator.org - This site represents one-stop shopping for image generators. You may find it more challenging to use than Big Huge Labs, but it definitely has possibilities.
- Sketch Up - free computer-aided design
- Zoho Show create, edit and share your presentations online
- PreZenit- Create presentations in a few clicks, wherever you are. Work with your team in the same presentation at the same time.
- Animoto- upload pictures. Animoto analyses the images, feels the music, customises the video. Publish to any webpage
- Animoto for Education: http://animoto.com/education
- Flixtime (similar to Animoto)
- Prezi- Create maps of texts, images, videos, PDFs, drawings and present in a nonlinear way. Move beyond the slide.
- xtranormal: http://www.xtranormal.com/
- Slidesix- Upload your presentations and share them with your friends (publicly or privately). You can even add video and/or audio by recording it directly within the site!
Copyright Friendly Music
- What is Google Docs? Find out by watching Google Docs in Plain English by the Commoncraft Show (you need to scroll down for this one)
- Google Docs
- Google Voice
- DocStoc- is a community for people to find and share professional documents
- bubbl.us brainstorm online with this free, concept mapping tool
- Remember the Milk create task list, share it, get reminders
- 30 Boxes online calendar
- LibraryThing personal online bookshelf
- Trailfire create a "trail"of annotated web pages on any subject
- Dropbox- is the easiest way to store, sync, and, share files online. There's no complicated interface to learn.
- Google Calendar - (Other Calendars -> Add -> Browse Interesting Calendars) lots of fun stuff!
Polls and Surveys
Download and/or Convert Online Video
Social Bookmarking & Tagging
- What is Social Bookmarking? Find out by watching Social Bookmarking in Plain Enlish by the Commoncraft Show
- Delicious- Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.
- Knowtes create a deck of virtual flashcards for study
- Flashcarddb- is the smarter, faster and more elegant way to create, study and share flash-cards online.
- What is Social Networking? Find out by watching Social Networking in Plain English by the Commoncraft Show
- Facebook- is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.
- MySpace- Find friends & classmates, meet new people, listen to free music & build playlists, share photos, watch videos.
- Twitter- is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets.
- Classroom 2.0- the social network for those interested in Web 2.0 and Social Media in education.
- Fresh Brain - a place for teens to be wildly creative
- Ning- An online service to create, customize, and share a social network.
- Voice Thread- Transforming media into collaborative spaces with video, voice, and text commenting.
- Urban Dictionary
- Tinyurl- Free URL redirection service. Turns a long URL into a much shorter one.
- Evernote- a clever, worthwhile way to organize your thoughts, documents, and ideas.
xtranormal.com - movies
moourl.com - shortens long URLs
back channeling- peer collaboration, assisting other, making meaning
letterpop.com- see what you can do with letters (Free to cost involved)
Audacity - free audio editing software for Podcasting and editing audio files.
commons.wikimedia.org - images
flickr - image and video hosting site
Zoho - entire suite of web-based tools
The Newspaper Clipping Generator
Embed You Tube into PPT Version07
Teach-nology- lesson plans, daily tips