WELCOME TO 6th GRADE GOLD TEAM ENGLISH CLASS!
Gold Team Leader
May is kicking off NJ ASK style! As you know, the first few days of May finish up testing for your sixth grader. During the second week of May, there will be delayed openings Monday - Thursday for sixth and seventh grade students. As for class, we will be exploring the world of poetry. Students will have the chance to read, analyze, teach and write poetry during the month of May. Later in the month, we will kick off our final literature circle, with many enticing titles students have been waiting for!
1. BE RESPONSIBLE for bringing the following items to class with you everyday!
* Binder- A section of a binder labeled English with dividers to mark the following sections: Literature, Writing, Vocabulary and Grammar
* Organizational binder
* A pen/pencil
* Any homework due
* A novel (if we are reading one)
2. ARRIVE ON TIME! I expect you to be in your seat and ready to go when the bell rings. There will be a "Do Now " on the board for you to work on at the start of each class to help get you focused for the day.
3. RESPECT OTHERS:
* Do not speak while others are speaking
* Raise your hand and wait to be called on
* Do not invade anyone's space
* Be respectful of others at all times
4. PARTICIPATE & WORK HARD:
* Participation in an English class is essential (and is part of your grade!)
* Come to class ready to learn and share ideas
* Always put forth your best effort
1. DO NOW & HOMEWORK
* The "Do Now" will be written on the board at the beginning of the period. Quietly work on your
* Homework assignments must be copied into your agenda as soon as you enter the
classroom each day.
2. LATE WORK:
* Late work is better than no work; however, points will be deducted
* If you are absent, check the website homework link. You will have one additional day for each
day that you are out to complete your work.
3. GRADING POLICY:
* Tests & Essays 100-150 pts
* Quizzes 20-40 pts
* Homework & other writing activities 5-20 pts
* Participation and in-class activities will be evaluated and reflected in your grades
Failure to meet expectations will result in the following:
* Parent Contact
* Administrative Action
Again, I look forward to a wonderful year together. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.