Welcome to Essentials of Mathematics!
Enjoy the remaining days of summer!
This page will be updated during the first week of September.
You do not need to obtain any special supplies or materials for this course.
All you need on the first day, and every day, is a pencil, eraser, a good attitude and a willingness to do your very best. On days that you are missing any of these tools, feel free to ask me or a classmate to lend you ours!
HSPA MATH TEST DATE - TUESDAY October 2, 2012
* Get a good night's sleep
*Eat a healthy breakfast
*Answer ALL questions - don't leave any blanks!!!
*Remember to use the formula sheet they give you
*If you don't understand a question, read it slowly
and draw a picture or make a chart, showing all of the given
*For multiple choice questions - if you don't know
how to solve the problem - try plugging in each choice
*On open ended questions
- Make sure to answer each part of the question
- Show and label All of your calculations
EX: The area of the cut-out is 6x10 = 60
- Use WORDS to explain what you did
- Draw and label sketches to support your work
- Make a chart to organize given information
- Think of it as a real life problem, not a math problem.
If it was your real life problem, explain how you would solve it.
- Never leave any thing blank!!!!
I have confidence in you!