1. SHOW RESPECT:
Ø I treat my teacher and my classmates, as I would have them treat me.
Ø I raise my hand to talk or ask permission to leave the classroom.
Ø I am prepared with my binder, paper, notebook and a functioning pen/pencil.
Ø I am in my seat and ready to embark on a Spanish journey when the bell rings.
Ø I am willing to actively participate in each day’s class, whether it is in a class discussion, assignment, or activity. I pay attention, participate in groups and volunteer.
Ø I do not use online translators and all my work is 100% MINE!
Ø We will be learning about ideas and customs that may differ greatly from those of my own culture; therefore it is essential that as a student I look at these differences to learn and not to judge.
Ø I keep negative comments to myself.
Remember you are responsible for your own behavior. In the event you choose to misbehave, you will face the following consequences (not necessarily in order):
1. Verbal Warning
2. Student Action Form
3. Call home to parent/ guardian
4. Teacher Detention
5. Referral to the office
1. Daily Praise!
2. Positive notes or call home.
3. Various rewards. (Hwk passes, Stickers, Book marks, Spanish pencils etc.)
4. The joy of learning in a safe and fun environment.
5. Magnifico Fridays: If the class as a whole is on task and demonstrates good behavior they will earn a letter of the word Magnífico. When you have earned a Magnífico the class will have 15-20 minutes on a Friday to play Spanish games, read Spanish books, listen to Spanish music or do any other appropriate and fun activities in Spanish.