BATTLE OF THE BOOKS
IDEAS TO HELP YOU WIN !!
1. Divide up the list of books between the team members. That way each member can become a specialist in certain books.
2. Keep notes (use your memory jogger) for each book you read. Specialists need to know lots of details about their books – including characters’ names, events, the plot and CORRECT title and author.
3. Memorize the CORRECT TITLE and the CORRECT AUTHOR (including correct pronunciation of both) as found on the title page of the book, and on the Official Book List.
4. Get together to discuss your books during free time at home or in school. Telling about them helps you remember – and to find out what you may NOT remember!
5. Reread your specialist books as the BATTLES approach. This will refresh your memory.
6. Read as many other books on the BATTLE list as you can. Besides your specialist books, reading others will make a stronger team.
7. Hold practice BATTLES! Each team member can compose several questions for specialist books or others.