Annie Camp Junior High School
Coach Brewer and Coach Harris
Students 7-9 Grading Scale
- Participation/Dressing Out
- Physical Education Tests, 9 Weeks and Semester Test
- 50 point weekly grade.
- Each student begins each 9-week grading period with a 100% in the class. Each student begins each week with a chance to receive 50 out of 50 points. 10 points will be given each day, 5 for participating in the activity and 5 for dressing out. If the student dresses out and participates every day that week, he/she will receive 50 out of 50 points that week. There will be 4 Physical Education Tests over sports we do that Semester, 2 each 9 weeks, as well as a 9 weeks test and a Semester Test. At the end of the 9 weeks weekly grades are averaged together for their total for the 9-week period.
Refusal to Participate
- 1st nonparticipation day, the student will lose 5 points
- 2nd nonparticipation day, the student will lose 10 points
- 3rd nonparticipation day, the student will lose 15 points
- Anything over three days the student will receive a zero for that week and be referred to the office.
* By not dressing out, the student will lose 5 points for each day he/she doesn’t dress out.
* You may participate if you have not dressed out but you will lose 5 points for not dressing out.
- Each student will receive 2 free days and 1 fitness day per 9 weeks.
- Doctor’s notes will be needed for not participating but not for absences.
- If you have a problem speak with the Coach, do not sit out and hurt your grade.
- No exceptions on rules or requirements
- Do not buy new clothes for P.E. Wash old athletic shoes/T-shirts/Shorts Etc.
- Students grade will not be penalized for being absent.
- Students will be required to change clothes from their everyday school clothes including :
- Shorts, Sweatpants, or Wind pants.
- Athletic shoes
- All jewelry will be taken off for safety reasons (no exceptions).
- Students will be given a locker with a lock to place their belongings in.
- Students are responsible for bringing their own personal hygiene products.
- Maintain dressing rooms, lockers, and the Gym.
- All student handbook rules will be followed.
- Participation – Each student dressed and participating actively in warm-ups and the activity with a positive attitude.
- Be on time (No Tardies)
- No talking when Coaches are explaining or talking about something.
- Absolutely no horseplay (to earn respect you must give respect).
- Absolutely no food or drinks in Gym (this includes all candy and gum).
- NEVER go into the Coaches office without permission.
- Just like in a regular classroom ask before getting a drink or using the restroom.
- Do not abuse P.E. equipment.
- NEVER leave the Gym without permission.
- Keep cell phones put up.
Jonesboro School District Dress Code for All Students and Fans of Athletic Events.
- No Hats or Caps
- No Sagging Pants
- No Bandannas, Do Rags, Visors, and Scarves are not allowed
- No head Coverings of any type may be worn inside the Gymnasium
The Jonesboro School District has adopted a dress code for all fans, parents, and students alike. Those who do not wish to abide by these guidelines will not be allowed in the gym.
Thank you, any questions please contact Coach Brewer or Coach Harris at:
1814 West Nettleton
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
(870) 933-5820 Fax: (870) 933-5837
______________________ _______________________________ ________
STUDENTS SIGNATURE PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE DATE