· SNACK: We will have a daily snack. The snack will be provided by you and should be a healthy, simple one, for example, fruit, raw veggies, crackers, pretzels, juice, etc. Please avoid a multi-course snack.
· LUNCH: Your child has the option of bringing or buying lunch. If buying, please send the money in a sealed, labeled envelope, resealable bag, change purse, or a wallet.
· BIRTHDAYS: Although we do not have birthday parties, cupcakes or treats are allowed. Please just let me know when you plan to send your child’s birthday treat into school. I am willing to schedule dates for children who have summer birthdays at the end of the school year. If your child has any type of food allergy please send them in with a bag of special treats that can be distributed on birthdays. He or she will not be able to eat anthing except what is sent in for them from your home.
· VOLUNTEERS: Family members are always welcome and are encouraged to participate in the classroom. I will be setting up sign up sheets at Back-to-School night for certain events which volunteers can sign-up for. We will need consistent volunteers for our mystery readers and other events.
· LABELING: It would be helpful if all personal belongings sent to school were labeled (coats, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc.) with your child’s name and 3-L. When an envelope is sent in to school, please put your child’s name and description of what is enclosed on the outside of the envelope.
· QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, the best way to reach me is by email at CLong@bernardsboe,com. You can also send a note in with your child or leave a message on my voice mail (ext. 330) and I will gladly respond as soon as possible.
· DISMISSAL: It would be very helpful if you would return the form on the first day of school telling me exactly how your child is getting home each day of the week. If he/she is riding the bus please specify which bus number. Some children become very anxious and nervous at dismissal time. I’m hoping to eliminate these fears by reassuring them that I know where they are going.