When your child is absent:
1. please call the office to make arrangements for homework to be collected
so that your child will not fall behind because of not being at school. Call by
10:00 so that I have time to collect homework. You will be able to pick up the work anytime between 1:30 and 2:30.
2. When your child returns to school, I need an excuse within 3 days. If I do not
receive an excuse within 3 days, the days missed will be unexcused. If you
call the office and tell them that your child will be absent for a few days
because of illness, I still need a written excuse. Your call does not count as
Parish Policy: 12 or more unexcused days and a child can be retained in
When your child gets to school after the 8:15 bell:
1. Please get down with your child so that you can sign him/her in for the day. Don’t just drop him/her off by the office or parent drop-off
2. In the office, you will have to fill out a tardy slip. This will help with record keeping in the office and for myself.
When your child has to leave early for an appointment or because of illness at school:
1. If you know in advance, please send a note to me.
2. Please get down so that you may sign your child out
3. In the office, you will have to fill out a slip. This does not count as the note for excused
absences. When your child returns to school, please send an excuse. This will help with
record keeping in the office and for myself.