FROM: MRS. JACKSON
RE: PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASS
DATE: AUGUST 8, 2012
Learning Comes First!
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to the 2011-2012 Liberty Elementary School years. We are thoroughly delighted to have your child in our class this year. We are certain that with all of us working together we will have a super year!
Physical education grading scale is as follows:
20% Test (Written & Skills)
In order for each student to be the most productive and successful in class, please ensure that your child follow the guidelines listed below.
Students are required to:
1. Wear comfortable loose fitting pants/shorts and blouse/shirt.
2. Wear socks and TENNIS SHOES that cover the whole foot. Please do not send your child to school in sandals, dress shoes, boots, sneakers with a sole over 2 inches thick all the way around on the days they have P.E. class. There is a potential for injury with inappropriate shoes. Students not dressed appropriately will not participate and will receive a “0” for the day. Two “0’s” will result in a lower grade in P.E.
3. No student will be allowed to participate while bare footed or in their socks.
4. Be prepared to participate at all times unless a written excuse or a DOCTOR’S note that states the concern has been given to the homeroom and P.E. teacher.
5. If absent, bring an excuse note within three days.
6. Follow all school rules.
The children will be participating in Physical Education for 40 minutes per session on
Please feel free to call us at 884-3326 if you have any questions or concerns. PLEASE NOTIFY THE OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD HAS ANY MEDICAL LIMITATIONS THAT COULD AFFECT HIS/HER P.E. PARTICIPATION.